Quantcast

How to create a live filter (e.g. drop shadow)

How to create a live filter (e.g. drop shadow)

rich2005
HI!

Is there a way to create a live/active drop shadow filter, that changes when the
layer it is acting on also changes?

For example, If I have an empty layer with this "live" filter active on it
(whether it's part of a layer group or the layer above or some sort of bump map
thingy), then when I draw one the empty layer the drop shadow would
automatically be applied to whatever the current state of the layer is?

--
AgeOfAsparagus (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: How to create a live filter (e.g. drop shadow)

Ofnuts-2
On 26/03/17 23:14, AgeOfAsparagus wrote:

> HI!
>
> Is there a way to create a live/active drop shadow filter, that changes when the
> layer it is acting on also changes?
>
> For example, If I have an empty layer with this "live" filter active on it
> (whether it's part of a layer group or the layer above or some sort of bump map
> thingy), then when I draw one the empty layer the drop shadow would
> automatically be applied to whatever the current state of the layer is?

No. Or, more accurately, not yet. But people are working hard on this
(a.k.a. non-destructive editing).

How to create a live filter (e.g. drop shadow)

rich2005
>No. Or, more accurately, not yet. But people are working hard on this
>(a.k.a. non-destructive editing)

Thanks! Is this going to be in 2.10?

--
AgeOfAsparagus (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)