How to change font size?

David Adam
Greetings, helpful people!
  I need to add annotation to images, but cannot figure out what to do
to change the font size.  The documentation clearly states that this is
easy to do, but I have been unable to find out how to do it under Gimp 2.2.
  In particular, Tools -> Text and Dialogs -> Fonts do not seem to lead me
where I want to go.
  I'm sure the answer is simple, but I'm stumped.  What do I do?

TIA,

david

Re: How to change font size?

Barton Bosch
David Adam wrote:
> Greetings, helpful people!
>  I need to add annotation to images, but cannot figure out what to do
> to change the font size.  The documentation clearly states that this is
> easy to do, but I have been unable to find out how to do it under Gimp 2.2.
>  In particular, Tools -> Text and Dialogs -> Fonts do not seem to lead me
> where I want to go.
>  I'm sure the answer is simple, but I'm stumped.  What do I do?

Not sure where you're seeing "Text and Dialogs" but if you wish to
add Text to an image click the T icon in the tools dock which will
bring up the Text Tool options, including "Size:".  Then click
the up and down arrows or enter a number into the field directly.

Also, check:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/ch02s04s12.html

Peace,

Barton
--
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit
atrocities"  --  Voltaire