Quantcast

How to ask the ML in english ?

Pierre-Alexis
Hello,

I would like to ask the ML for some specific
questions. The problem is that I use a localized
version of The Gimp. How could I translate the menus
into english in order to explain you all my questions
? Is there another way than just reinstalling The Gimp
with an english locale ?

Thanks.

Pierre-Alexis.

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
 Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://mail.yahoo.fr

Re: How to ask the ML in english ?

Eric P-3
Run it from the command line like this.

export LANG=en_US && gimp

Pierre-Alexis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask the ML for some specific
> questions. The problem is that I use a localized
> version of The Gimp. How could I translate the menus
> into english in order to explain you all my questions
> ? Is there another way than just reinstalling The Gimp
> with an english locale ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Pierre-Alexis.
>
> Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
>  Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://mail.yahoo.fr

Re: How to ask the ML in english ?

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Eric P <[hidden email]> writes:

> Run it from the command line like this.
>
> export LANG=en_US && gimp

Actually, unless you want to run all apps started from this terminal
in english, you should not export the environment variable but use
"LANG=en_US gimp".

This is also explained in the first chapter of the user manual.

Sven