How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode?

How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode?

Ofnuts-2
*  the Python help says the input value range for "set" is 1..100 while
the output value range for "get" is 0..2000

* whatever the value I seem to always get the same result

Is this supposed to shift the dash pattern? Is it an absolute value or
is it relative to the dash pattern length?

Assuming I have a pattern like:

"####  ##  ####  ##  ####  ##"

what do I need to do to stroke it as:

"  ####  ##  ####  ##  ####  ##"

Re: How is supposed to work the "dash_offset" when stroking paths in line mode?

Ofnuts-2
On 5/1/19 7:45 PM, Ofnuts wrote:

> *  the Python help says the input value range for "set" is 1..100 while
> the output value range for "get" is 0..2000
>
> * whatever the value I seem to always get the same result
>
> Is this supposed to shift the dash pattern? Is it an absolute value or
> is it relative to the dash pattern length?
>
> Assuming I have a pattern like:

> what do I need to do to stroke it as:

OK, so the answer is: it's an absolute length in pixels, so in practice
you have to compute it from the sum of the dash pattern elements and the
line width.