How do i change the Colour that i am using to transparent

How do i change the Colour that i am using to transparent

Orville Chen

I have been trying for 2 hours to change it but i gave up so now i am skinger all of you How to do it???

Re: How do i change the Colour that i am using to transparent

Kevin Cozens-2
On 2018-11-20 2:51 p.m., Orville Chen wrote:
> I have been trying for 2 hours to change it but i gave up so now i am skinger all of you How to do it???

You need an alpha channel on the layer.

Layer -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: How do i change the Colour that i am using to transparent

Tip : ADD an alpha chanel to the layer you are working on AND use the
ERASER tool.
Dont forget to export image in a format which can handle transparency
(.png for example and not .jpeg/.jpg)

1) add the alpha channel : use menu* : layer/transparency/add an alpha
channel

2) choose eraser tool : use menu* : tool/paint tool/eraser  ( or shift+E )

menu options may vary with gimp versions and language.

Have a nice day