How do I change a Folder Name?

forrestgimp2004
I have a folder of photos, sitting in "Photos" and the
folder has the wrong name on it. How do I change the folder
name and give it a new name?

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: How do I change a Folder Name?

jayohallen
--- In [hidden email], "Seargent Preston of the Yukon"
<edlc@t...> wrote:
> I have a folder of photos, sitting in "Photos" and the
> folder has the wrong name on it. How do I change the folder
> name and give it a new name?

Hi
Right click on the folder and select "rename"
Type in new name.

Jim

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: How do I change a Folder Name?

catfish
Find your Photos folder in windows explorer, right click it and choose
Rename. If it says that the folder is in use try closing gimp first.

> I have a folder of photos, sitting in "Photos" and the
> folder has the wrong name on it. How do I change the folder
> name and give it a new name?

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: How do I change a Folder Name?

forrestgimp2004
To jayohallen and catfish. I have been putting off this post
as long as possible, so as to not appear so stupid.

Your suggestion doesn't work. I think I perceive now that it
doesn't work because the "photos" album I am referring to isn't
on my computer, but is the album I made of uploaded photos to
this group. I still have the same problem, how do I change the
name of an album with pictures in it that can be reached by
clicking on "Photos" on the left hand link on the users group screen.

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: How do I change a Folder Name?

Elliot Nesterman-2
Ah. That's very different. You can't.

YahooGroups makes no provision for changing the name of a photo gallery
once it's been created. Even moderators can't; the function simply does
not exist on YahooGroups.

If it's really important to you, you'll have to create a new gallery
folder, move the photos, then trash the old one.

--
Elliot Nesterman
[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: How do I change a Folder Name?

forrestgimp2004
To: jayohallen, catfish, and Elliot Nesterman.

I sincerely thank all three of you for trying to help me solve the problem
of a Folder Name Change.
I now understand how to do what I want to do.