Help

Users mailing list
I just downloaded the Windows Version of GIMP and when I came to the section
of tutorial indicating:

“Also notice I have shown a different option under Quality →
Interpolation. The default value for this is Cubic, but to retain the best
quality it would better to use Sinc (Lanczos3).”

My only options were:

None

Linear

Cubic

NoHalo

LoHalo

I want to enlarge smaller photos while maintaining pixel integrity.

How do I get the Sinc option as referenced in the tutorial? Or which option
should I choose for similar results.

Thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Re: Help

Users mailing list
On Sunday, July 28, 2019, Janet Karabin via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just downloaded the Windows Version of GIMP and when I came to the
> section
> of tutorial indicating:
>

> “Also notice I have shown a different option under Quality →
> Interpolation. The default value for this is Cubic, but to retain the best
> quality it would better to use Sinc (Lanczos3).”
>

> My only options were:
>

> None
>
> Linear
>
> Cubic
>
> NoHalo
>
> LoHalo
>

> I want to enlarge smaller photos while maintaining pixel integrity.
>

> How do I get the Sinc option as referenced in the tutorial? Or which option
> should I choose for similar results.

 I read on pippin.gimp.org some time ago that either *alo was the best
option.  Best is to try them out and use your own judgement.

Enlargement is always a challenge.  I had a discussion once about the
benefits of enlarging in stages.  After all that the thing that I know is
that enlargement is a challenge.

carol

Help

Luthien
Sinc disappeared with the advent of GIMP V2.10. I believe that the best
interpolation to use may depend on the contents of the image. Try experimenting
with different interpolations. With V2.8 there were some issues with the Sinc
interpolation and I used Cubic then.

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)