Help re-coloring text on a jpg

Users mailing list
Hello!

I have a jpg file (a blank playing card) that I modified with some text.  The current color of the text is red and I want to change it to black.

I am using the latest version of GIMP (2.10.12).

Can someone help me?

Thank You

Ed Prothero

Re: Help re-coloring text on a jpg

Rick Kline
Jpg, so I’m assuming it’s a flat file (no layers). If the text is a text layer, simply choose the Text tool, click in the text, select all, click on the text color chip in the dialog box and drag in the color area to select black, or enter 000000 for the color number. Click OK, and your text should be black.

If it’s not a layered image, you can use the Select By Color tool.
Adjust Threshold to select all of the red when you click on it. 180 worked for my test. Once selected, choose black as foreground color, dump black with paint bucket on selected text and you should have black text.

Hope this helps.

It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend