Help! Gimp file will not open

barbsdesk
I have been working on a painting for weeks, and suddenly the file wont open. My
painting currently consists of 5 layers. in the "open" dialog, it shows a
preview of my painting as it should, and it correctly states the number of
layers and pixels. But when i click on it to open it, it shows a blank
transparent page, and says that there are no layers to it, as if my painting
cannot materialize. all my other xcf files open fine without problem. this one
takes longer and then tells me my painting doesnt exist. this hasn't happened
until today. please help i am very frustrated as this painting means a lot to me
, i have had gimp for years but i am brand new to this community please and
thank you

--
aesrizzle (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)