Heads up

Developers mailing list
Hi, i am a gimp user currently taking a class on this software. While doing my class i came across a bug in 2.10.14 windows 10. After doing some research i have discovered that this bug has been acknowledged and a fix has been made for the next release. I am not aware if it matters but i just wanted to let the developers know that this bug isn't limited to the Optimize for Gif filter. It also occurs when using Crop to content or even floating a selection and anchoring it to a new layer. When using the animation playback in Replace mode, (combine works fine) all layers that are a different size than the canvas will be moved to upper left corner and weird lines will occur during frame movement. This is easily replicated if needed. Currently the only way i can find to use replace mode is to make all layers fit to canvas. Hope i could help, the link i found for the bug is posted below.

Animation optimize for GIF moves layers to top left corner (#4209) · Issues · GNOME / GIMP

|  |  |
Animation optimize for GIF moves layers...

Re: Heads up

Shlomi Fish
Hi Marshall,

I do not see any hyperlinks / URLs in your message (which only arrived to the
list as plaintext). See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_ribbon_campaign .

On Sun, 29 Dec 2019 17:48:33 +0000 (UTC)
Marshall Allen via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, i am a gimp user currently taking a class on this software. While doing
> my class i came across a bug in 2.10.14 windows 10. After doing some research
> i have discovered that this bug has been acknowledged and a fix has been made
> for the next release. I am not aware if it matters but i just wanted to let
> the developers know that this bug isn't limited to the Optimize for Gif
> filter. It also occurs when using Crop to content or even floating a
> selection and anchoring it to a new layer. When using the animation playback
> in Replace mode, (combine works fine) all layers that are a different size
> than the canvas will be moved to upper left corner and weird lines will occur
> during frame movement. This is easily replicated if needed. Currently the
> only way i can find to use replace mode is to make all layers fit to canvas.
> Hope i could help, the link i found for the bug is posted below.
>

> Animation optimize for GIF moves layers to top left corner (#4209) · Issues ·
> GNOME / GIMP
>

> |  |  |
> Animation optimize for GIF moves layers...

Shlomi Fish       https://www.shlomifish.org/
Let’s talk about restores instead of backups - http://is.gd/WatQqu

Chuck Norris once counted all the real numbers on his fingers. (by: ZadYree)
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Chuck-Norris/