HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

b. satrio jati
Hi all,

I need help. My pen tablet (HUION 1060Pro+) cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20, it
can click once but cannot drag. My OS is windows 10.

I'm try to:
- reinstall the pentablet's driver and configure the input device again in
gimp.
But still can't draw, then i try to:
- uninstall gimp 2.8.20 and delete anything related gimp folder in disk
c/user/... then installing gimp 2.8.20 again. but it still not work too.
It work before on gimp 2.8.18.

Thanks

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

chrisj
same issue for me, cannot get it to draw on the sheet. Clicking menus and icons
works though...
But once I touch the canvas the pointer stays in its position and I cannot draw
a thing...

--
BjoernML (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

chrisj
>same issue for me, cannot get it to draw on the sheet. Clicking menus
>and icons works though...
>But once I touch the canvas the pointer stays in its position and I
>cannot draw a thing...

I'm also having the same problem with a Huion H610pro tablet.  Tried tinkering
with the settings in 'Input Devices' but still could only produce dots instead
of lines.  I uninstalled gimp 2.8.20 and reinstalled 2.8.18 and the tablet works
fine again.

--
Chops037 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

chrisj
Here is what to do:

Step 1:  Plug in your device.

Step 2: Open Gimp.

Step 3: Go to Edit.

Step 4: Go to Input Devices.

Step 5: Select Huion which will appear in the box on the right (as long as the
device is plugged in.)

Step 6: Click the mode box and select Screen.

Step 7: Go to Axes and select Pressure, in the box on the bottom labeled Curve
Type select Free Hand.

Step 8: Click save and then Close.

MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO!!!!! Step 9: Keep the device plugged in all the while
and close gimp. Then reopen it and you will be able to draw. ( Make sure you tap
the pen though to wake it up.)  ;)

Hope this helps ;p

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/629/original/LdipNBFv.jpeg

--
NightFlower (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

chrisj
Hey everyone,
I work on a Huion h610 pro and I can confirm that Gimp 2.8.18 is the last
version that allows for normal strokes.
NightFlower's advice didn't work for me unfortunately.
Do you think that this something that Gimp developers are looking into?
I really love the recent Gimp updates and hate to miss out on them :(

cheers

--
torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

HUION 1060Pro+ cannot draw on gimp 2.8.20

chrisj
edit:
I also noticed that in Gimp 2.8.18 tablet pressure is set to smooth and it poses
no problems
PS: my huion driver is a custom version 11 driver.

--
torba (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)