H E L P!

Users mailing list
Hello,

I have version 2.10.22 and I want to change the WHITE color in this
image to STEEL BLUE

(this is STEEL BLUE)

The color I come up with in GIMP IS NOT STEEL BLUE

H E L P!!

Ed Prothero

Re: H E L P!

Users mailing list
I don't see any image. You typically cannot attach images here. You'll have
to put it somewhere.

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 4:51 AM Ed Prothero via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have version 2.10.22 and I want to change the WHITE color in this
> image to STEEL BLUE
>

> (this is STEEL BLUE)
>

> The color I come up with in GIMP IS NOT STEEL BLUE
>
> H E L P!!
>
> Ed Prothero

Re: H E L P!

On Sat, 2020-12-05 at 09:51 +0000, Ed Prothero via gimp-user-list
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have version 2.10.22 and I want to change the WHITE color in this
> image to STEEL BLUE
>

> (this is STEEL BLUE)
>

> The color I come up with in GIMP IS NOT STEEL BLUE

Are you asking for the HSV or CSS hex code for steel blue?

Or, how did you come up with the colour? Whar did you do? Are you
saying you used e.g. colours->colorize and the hue you got didn't match
what you asked for? Or is it that the colour profile your operating
system uses for your monitor is incorrect (most are) and colours are
not displaying as you expect? Or did you use the colour picker in the
colour chooser? This picks post-colour-management colours on most
systems, so colour values picked are incorrect unfortunately.

But these are all guesses as to what you might be asking.

Liam

Re: H E L P!

Hex: #4682b4
Dec: 70, 130, 180