Greek Letters

billlee
Hello - How can I use install or get Greek text? Like fraternity text

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/996/original/Screen_Shot_2018-09-06_at_11.44.56_AM.png

--
FlyNerd1906 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Greek Letters

billlee
>Hello - How can I use install or get Greek text? Like fraternity text

Two ways, the easiest is a greek font 'geek.ttf' from
https://www.dafont.com/ancient-geek.font

Windows user? Don't just install the font. Put ithe file in the Gimp user
profile fonts folder.

A more difficult way for beginners, using a set of gimp paths, these are in the
attached xcf.gz file, this opens a blank canvas, copy/paste, using the paths
dialogue menu, the *paths* from this to the target canvas. Being vectors they
can be scaled to any size. attached.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/997/original/greek.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/998/original/greek-caps.xcf.gz

Greek Letters

billlee
>Two ways, the easiest is a greek font 'geek.ttf' from
>https://www.dafont.com/ancient-geek.font
>
>Windows user? Don't just install the font. Put ithe file in the Gimp
>user profile fonts folder.
>
>A more difficult way for beginners, using a set of gimp paths, these
>are in the attached xcf.gz file, this opens a blank canvas,
>copy/paste, using the paths dialogue menu, the *paths* from this to
>the target canvas. Being vectors they can be scaled to any size.
>attached.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I was able to download the file but I'm unclear with the 'copy path' thing you
showed. please see attachment. I'm using a Mac with the gimp 2.10

Please advise.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/999/original/greek_ss.png

--
FlyNerd1906 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Greek Letters

billlee
>I was able to download the file but I'm unclear with the 'copy path'
>thing you showed. please see attachment. I'm using a Mac with the gimp
>2.10
>
>Please advise.

You are using the downloaded geek font, which is the easiest by far.

However to use the gimp .xcf.gz file is totally separate from that font.

Trying to demo that, see this little video. https://youtu.be/T2XNA9R7UCY

It is quick so you might have to watch more than once.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net