GimpApplicator

Julien Hardelin
Hi developpers,

Is "Use GimpApplicator" a definitive option or only for test?

I don't see any difference, checked or not, with paint tools.

Julien Hardelin

Re: GimpApplicator

Michael Natterer
On Fri, 2017-07-14 at 09:10 +0200, Julien Hardelin wrote:
> Hi developpers,
>
> Is "Use GimpApplicator" a definitive option or only for test?

It will not be there in 2.10, we only keep it around during
development, in order to make sure GEGL-graph based painting
(applicator on) looks exactly as the code path using optimized
loops (applicator off).

> I don't see any difference, checked or not, with paint tools.

That is exactly the result we are hoping for :)

Regards,
Mitch