Gimp heal selection tool

SimoneRodriguez
I am trying to use the heal selection tool to eliminate text from a graphic.
Unfortunately, the credits at the bottom of the tombstone are too close
together. There are not enough pixels available to achieve a nice result. I've
tried using the "heal selection" tool around each individual word. The end
result is very poor.

Are there other methods that I could use to achieve the desired result. I've
tried cloning, healing, dodging and burning. The results aren't that much
better.

Thanks

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1166/original/meaningoflife.jpg

--
Gimp_Noob (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Gimp heal selection tool

SimoneRodriguez
>I am trying to use the heal selection tool to eliminate text from a
>graphic. Unfortunately, the credits at the bottom of the tombstone are
>too close together. There are not enough pixels available to achieve a
>nice result. I've tried using the "heal selection" tool around each
>individual word. The end result is very poor.
>
>Are there other methods that I could use to achieve the desired
>result. I've tried cloning, healing, dodging and burning. The results
>aren't that much better.
>

>Thanks

I do not think there is much choice. I prefer a plain clone tool + fuzzy brush
and a bit of artistic license. A little bit of smudge tool sometimes helps.  A
couple of minutes of work for screenshot.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1169/original/erase.jpg

Gimp heal selection tool

SimoneRodriguez
>I do not think there is much choice. I prefer a plain clone tool +
>fuzzy brush and a bit of artistic license. A little bit of smudge tool
>sometimes helps.  A couple of minutes of work for screenshot.

Thanks. I figured that I did not have much of a choice.

--
Gimp_Noob (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)