Gimp error

DaveMac01
Hello,
Can someone help me, I have install GIMP 2.10 for windows x64 but when I want to
launch it, I have an error "fatal error :unhandled exception" (see attached),
the configuration of my surface pro is in the attachments.
Thank you very much, I have reinstall it 3 times but nothing

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/887/original/Capture_d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran_(16).png
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/888/original/Capture_d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran_(17).png

--
owenn5 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Gimp error

DaveMac01
The same error here - restarted, reinstalled, uninstalled... 2.10 still crashes
instantly. 2.8 never did.

--
Warlock (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Gimp error

Michael Schumacher
On 05/18/2018 12:23 AM, Warlock wrote:

> The same error here - restarted, reinstalled, uninstalled... 2.10 still crashes
> instantly. 2.8 never did.

Please check the file name of the installer you used
- if it is not gimp-2.10.0-setup-2.exe, then you got an older version
and should get the current download from https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Gimp error

DaveMac01
>Hello,
>Can someone help me, I have install GIMP 2.10 for windows x64 but when
>I want to launch it, I have an error "fatal error :unhandled
>exception" (see attached), the configuration of my surface pro is in
>the attachments.
>Thank you very much, I have reinstall it 3 times but nothing

I use GIMP on a Windows PC and I had the same problem. I finally discovered that
it was an incompatible plug-in. I had installed Gap for gimp in my previous
version. I believe that the plug-in is not compatible with the new processing
engine. (just a guess)
A simple uninstall through the control panel did not work. When I reinstalled
GIMP, it still had the same error.
When Windows uninstalls GIMP it leaves behind some files and folders that
contain your plug-ins, themes, etc.
I had to go and delete all of those folders and then reinstall GIMP for it to
work. Here are the folders that you should delete.

C:\Program Files\GIMP 2
C:\Users\<YourUserAccountHere>\AppData\Local\GIMP

The AppData folder is hidden so you may need to turn on the show hidden files
and folders option in the folder options link in the control panel to see it.

This will also delete all of your themes and brushes. If you have any custom
themes or brushes, you should back them up before you delete the folders.
They can be found: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\themes
and C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

After I deleted all of those files and installed GIMP again, everything worked
just fine.

Hope this helps.

--
iPrometheus (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)