Gimp doesn't recognize my usb scanner

GRONDIN Bertrand
Hi !

After compiling and installing GIMP, the program doesn't recognize my
USB SCANNER. But Linux does it.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

--

-------
Bertrand GRONDIN <[hidden email]>

Re: Gimp doesn't recognize my usb scanner

John Culleton-3
On Thursday 16 June 2005 06:35 pm, GRONDIN Bertrand wrote:
> Hi !
>
> After compiling and installing GIMP, the program doesn't recognize my
> USB SCANNER. But Linux does it.
>
> Can you help me ?
>
> Thanks
Gimp doesn't do scanning. Instead it calls on another program
(usually xsane) to do that chore. You have to move xsane, or a
copy of it or a link to it, to one of the places where Gimp looks.

On my system I am user "safe" so xsane can be found here:
/home/safe/.gimp-2.3/plug-ins/xsane

HTH
--

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found

Re: Gimp doesn't recognize my usb scanner

Geoffrey-2
GRONDIN Bertrand wrote:
> Hi !
>
> After compiling and installing GIMP, the program doesn't recognize my
> USB SCANNER. But Linux does it.
>
> Can you help me ?

Have you installed the xsane front ends?

What version of GIMP, what distro and version of that distro.

--
Until later, Geoffrey