Gimp & raw convesion?

Users mailing list
Can Gimp handle RAW files, particularly Canon CR3, but also older
formats like ARW & RW2.  I see from your website that there is some tie
up with RawTherapee and DarkTable, but can find no information about
what RAW formats it they handle.

Peter

Re: Gimp & raw convesion?

Users mailing list
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:50 PM Peter Billinghurst via gimp-user-list
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can Gimp handle RAW files, particularly Canon CR3, but also older
> formats like ARW & RW2.  I see from your website that there is some tie
> up with RawTherapee and DarkTable, but can find no information about
> what RAW formats it they handle.

https://www.darktable.org/resources/camera-support/

darktable doesn't support CR3 yet:
https://github.com/darktable-org/rawspeed/issues/121

RawTherapee does support CR3.

Re: Gimp & raw convesion?

Through RawTherapee and darktable you'll have access to all the raw files
that they can decode (usually these two projects will cover most of what
might be.  CR3 support is still being worked on iirc, though. :(

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:50 PM Peter Billinghurst via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can Gimp handle RAW files, particularly Canon CR3, but also older
> formats like ARW & RW2.  I see from your website that there is some tie
> up with RawTherapee and DarkTable, but can find no information about
> what RAW formats it they handle.
>
> Peter

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC