Gimp Help

Users mailing list
Hello,
I have the free version of Gimp. I have Windows 10. I have placed a photo in Gimp. I would now like to add words. I am doing an obituary. I printed the “Adding text to with Gimp”. I selected the Text tool. I then clicked where I want the Text to appear. I then started to add my text within the box. There was suppose to be a text editor that pops up but this does happen for me. What am I doing wrong. Please if someone could tell me STEP BY STEP how to get text next to the picture I have within Gimp?

Thank you so much,
Stella Owen
[hidden email]
My phone number with answering machine: 317-535-9134
I’m in Indiana U.S.A

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Gimp Help

Liam R E Quin
On Sun, 2020-06-07 at 20:31 -0400, Stella via gimp-user-list wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the free version of Gimp.

They are all free :-)

>  There was suppose to be a text editor that pops up but this does
> happen for me. What am I doing wrong.

These days the text appears right on the image an you can edit it
there. If you like, in Tool Options when the text tool is active you
can click the little box, "Use text editor" to get a separate window.

liam

--
Liam Quin - https://www.fromoldbooks.org/

Full-time slave in voluntary servitude

Re: Gimp Help

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 08:31:02PM -0400, Stella via gimp-user-list wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the free version of Gimp.

There are no commercial versions that I know of...

> I have Windows 10. I have placed a
> photo in Gimp. I would now like to add words. I am doing an obituary. I
> printed the “Adding text to with Gimp”. I selected the Text tool. I then
> clicked where I want the Text to appear. I then started to add my text
> within the box. There was suppose to be a text editor that pops up but
> this does happen for me. What am I doing wrong. Please if someone could
> tell me STEP BY STEP how to get text next to the picture I have within
> Gimp?

Did you read the docs? They usually are very exaustive:

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-image-text-management.html

--

Saluton,
Marco Ciampa