Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

rich2005
Gimp 2.9.4 has been out for a while now but nowhere can I find a link to a
64-bit windows installer for that release. I know it is unstable, but I would
still like to play with it. I have version 2.9.2 which was/is hosted somewhere,
but try as I might I run into walls for 2.9.4. Any links would be greatly
appreciated.

--
mgroothuis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Fwd: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Casey Connor-2
Maybe try here: https://www.partha.com/

(scroll down and look on the right side of the page)

(That's for version 2.9.5.)

------------------------

Gimp 2.9.4 has been out for a while now but nowhere can I find a link to a
64-bit windows installer for that release. I know it is unstable, but I
would still like to play with it. I have version 2.9.2 which was/is
hosted somewhere, but try as I might I run into walls for 2.9.4. Any
links would be greatly appreciated.
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Fwd: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Partha Bagchi-2
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Casey Connor <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Maybe try here: https://www.partha.com/
>
> (scroll down and look on the right side of the page)
>
> (That's for version 2.9.5.)
>
> ------------------------
>
> Gimp 2.9.4 has been out for a while now but nowhere can I find a link to a
> 64-bit windows installer for that release. I know it is unstable, but I
> would still like to play with it. I have version 2.9.2 which was/is hosted
> somewhere, but try as I might I run into walls for 2.9.4. Any links would
> be greatly appreciated.
> _______________________________________________
>

And if you have trouble with it, please let me know. :)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

rich2005
>On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Casey Connor
><[hidden email]
>
>And if you have trouble with it, please let me know. :)

Thank you, I will try there. In the past I have had problems with Partha's
installs, no doubt caused by my computer setup, but I will give this a try. Do I
need to uninstall version 2.9.2 or will that not cause any problems? I prefer to
keep it, just in case something doesn't go as it should :-)

--
mgroothuis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Partha Bagchi-2
On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 7:30 PM, mgroothuis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 4:50 PM, Casey Connor
> ><[hidden email]
> >
> >And if you have trouble with it, please let me know. :)
>
> Thank you, I will try there. In the past I have had problems with Partha's
> installs, no doubt caused by my computer setup, but I will give this a
> try. Do I
> need to uninstall version 2.9.2 or will that not cause any problems? I
> prefer to
> keep it, just in case something doesn't go as it should :-)
>
> --
> mgroothuis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
>

Can you tell me what problems you've had? Did you reach out to me with your
issues?
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

rich2005
>Can you tell me what problems you've had? Did you reach out to me with
>your
>issues?
No I did not contact you because I was sure it was my system setup that caused
the hassle. I could never use your installs without having to rego all the
settings again. With the gimp.org installs it was simply one click and I was on
my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems with
gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely and
reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about somewhere as I
can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic today
after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference. (I had installed
the gtk version which worked once,then decided to try the QTversion and that is
where the problem began). At least I have been able to install a version > than
2.9.2. I still have 2.8.20 as well, perhaps that is causing a problem?

--
mgroothuis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Partha Bagchi-2
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:50 PM, mgroothuis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >Can you tell me what problems you've had? Did you reach out to me with
> >your
> >issues?
> No I did not contact you because I was sure it was my system setup that
> caused
> the hassle. I could never use your installs without having to rego all the
> settings again. With the gimp.org installs it was simply one click and I
> was on
> my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems
> with
> gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely
> and
> reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about
> somewhere as I
> can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic today
> after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference. (I had
> installed
> the gtk version which worked once,then decided to try the QTversion and
> that is
> where the problem began). At least I have been able to install a version >
> than
> 2.9.2. I still have 2.8.20 as well, perhaps that is causing a problem?
>

Sorry for the trouble you are having. Typically this has to do with all
kinds of DLLs dumped in your personal folders by plugins.

In any case, I don't know why you are reinstalling G'MIC since it come
pre-installed with my builds. My G'MIC builds are the latest based on my
release date. I even mention this on my website.

Well, let me know if you have trouble or good luck with your installation.
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

G'MIC compatibility / Re: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Casey Connor-2
In reply to this post by rich2005
> my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems with
> gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely and
> reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about somewhere as I
> can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic today
> after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference.

I take it you are on Windows... I'm on Linux, but for whatever it's
worth the only current 2.9.5 linux version of GIMP that I found that
works with G'MIC is the http://pixls.us/files AppImage (AFAIK there are
only AppImages for linux). The current otto-kesselgulasch GIMP version
does not seem to work with GMIC. Thorsten S. was looking in to it, last
I heard, and said that it was going to be non-trivial to fix. (Any
update, Thorsten?)

The general picture I get is that things are in flux and maintaining
G'MIC/GIMP compatibility is not easy as things evolve. Even the pixls.us
AppImage only works for one invocation of G'MIC when dealing with large
images. (My bug report is here
<https://github.com/dtschump/gmic-community/issues/76>.)

I don't know if this info is useful or at all related, but thought I'd
mention it.

-c

_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: G'MIC compatibility / Re: Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

Partha Bagchi-2
On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Casey Connor <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> my way again. I have installed 2.9.5 now and have run into g'mic problems
>> with
>> gmic-gimp.exe causing an error on startup. I have removed gmic completely
>> and
>> reinstalled it, but there must be an old reference floating about
>> somewhere as I
>> can still not use it. Will do a complete reinstall of 2.9.5 and g'mic
>> today
>> after a registry cleanout and see if that makes a difference.
>>
>
> I take it you are on Windows... I'm on Linux, but for whatever it's worth
> the only current 2.9.5 linux version of GIMP that I found that works with
> G'MIC is the http://pixls.us/files AppImage (AFAIK there are only
> AppImages for linux). The current otto-kesselgulasch GIMP version does not
> seem to work with GMIC. Thorsten S. was looking in to it, last I heard, and
> said that it was going to be non-trivial to fix. (Any update, Thorsten?)
>
> The general picture I get is that things are in flux and maintaining
> G'MIC/GIMP compatibility is not easy as things evolve. Even the pixls.us
> AppImage only works for one invocation of G'MIC when dealing with large
> images. (My bug report is here <https://github.com/dtschump/g
> mic-community/issues/76>.)
>
> I don't know if this info is useful or at all related, but thought I'd
> mention it.
>
> -c
>
> I don't know if my last response went through or not. But here it is again
to the OP.

Sorry for the trouble you are having. Typically this has to do with all
kinds of DLLs dumped in your personal folders by plugins.

In any case, I don't know why you are reinstalling G'MIC since it come
pre-installed with my builds. My G'MIC builds are the latest based on my
release date. I even mention this on my website.

Well, let me know if you have trouble or good luck with your installation.


> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Gimp 2.9.4 windows installer

rich2005
>On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Casey Connor
><[hidden email]
>
>to the OP.
>
>Sorry for the trouble you are having. Typically this has to do with
>all
>kinds of DLLs dumped in your personal folders by plugins.
>
>In any case, I don't know why you are reinstalling G'MIC since it come
>pre-installed with my builds. My G'MIC builds are the latest based on
>my
>release date. I even mention this on my website.
>
>Well, let me know if you have trouble or good luck with your
>installation.
Thanks Partha. Yes I know GMIC is in your installer, but that too came up with
an error. So I am going back to scratch when I get the time and remove anything
that should no longer be there.Then the reinstallation and hoping things have
returned to normal.
Thanks for your input.

--
mgroothuis (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list