Gimp 2.7.7

frankwafer
When I install the latest version of GIMP 2.7.7. it loads up all of
the plug in fliters during the set up process but when I go to use it
non of the filters are present in the drop down menu. What do I do to
solve this. I can go back to 2.2 and the filters work normally. Any
suggestions?

Thanks Frank

to <mailto:[hidden email]>
Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Gimp 2.7.7

Michael Schumacher
Frank wrote:

> When I install the latest version of GIMP 2.7.7. it loads up all of
> the plug in fliters during the set up process but when I go to use it
> non of the filters are present in the drop down menu. What do I do to
> solve this. I can go back to 2.2 and the filters work normally. Any
> suggestions?

First, it is 2.2.7 :)
Which dropdown list are you talking about?

+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Gimp 2.7.7

Roel Schroeven-2
Michael Schumacher wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>

>>When I install the latest version of GIMP 2.7.7. it loads up all of
>>the plug in fliters during the set up process but when I go to use it
>>non of the filters are present in the drop down menu. What do I do to
>>solve this. I can go back to 2.2 and the filters work normally. Any
>>suggestions?
>

> First, it is 2.2.7 :)
> Which dropdown list are you talking about?
>

> Michael

Michael: Could he mean the right click menu ? After all, it drops-down
somehow ;)

Frank: Did you use the installer ? I just have installed 2.2.7 have have
no problem with the filters. I think a big change in recent 2.2.x is the
fact that the directory of installation changed. Do you have some .exe
files in
C:\Program Files\GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins
note the 2.0 here -----^

Have you tried deleting your .gimp2.2 directory (just renaming it to
"toto" should be enough), which should be in:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\.gimp-2.2

Best regards,

Olivier.