Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail

DaveMac01
I just installed Arch on a second drive after getting frustrated with Windows
for unrelated reasons, so I'm still pretty new to Linux and package
management/building and whatnot, thus I may have just missed something, but...

I've installed GEGL 3.30, libmypaint 1.3.0, and mypaint-brushes 1.0 from their
respective gits provided by GIMP's "INSTALL" file. Process for each was "git
clone url", "./configure && make", "sudo make install"
However, GIMP's ./configure still reports-

"""
Error: GIMP configuration failed.

  - Error: missing dependency gegl-0.3 >= 0.3.30
  - Error: missing dependency libmypaint >= 1.3.0
  - Error: missing dependency mypaint-brushes-1.0
"""

-despite this. I can even use "gegl" inside bash no problem, so it shouldn't be
an issue with my PATH.

Apologies if this is a dumb question.

--
Beinsezii (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail

Michael Schumacher

On 04/15/2018 08:28 AM, Beinsezii wrote:

> I've installed GEGL 3.30, libmypaint 1.3.0, and mypaint-brushes 1.0 from their
> respective gits provided by GIMP's "INSTALL" file. Process for each was "git
> clone url", "./configure && make", "sudo make install" However, GIMP's
> ./configure still reports-
>
> """
>
> Error: GIMP configuration failed.
>
> - Error: missing dependency gegl-0.3 >= 0.3.30
>
> - Error: missing dependency libmypaint >= 1.3.0
>
> - Error: missing dependency mypaint-brushes-1.0

Did you also adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to make
sure that they are found at the location where you installed them?

Gimp 2.10 ./configure fail

DaveMac01
>Did you also adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to make
>sure that they are found at the location where you installed them?

Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually just managed to solve it about 30 minutes
before you posted. If I get the chance later, I'll test out your suggestion
anyway for future reference.

For other Arch users, the AUR has a decent gimp community:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?O=0&SeB=nd&K=gimp

Includes developmental versions, latest gits, and most major plugins like
Resynthesizer and GMIC.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_User_Repository#Installing_packages

--
Beinsezii (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)