Garbled interface text

Misslo777
Hi -- Downloaded latest Gimp for Mac (using El Capitan), and my interface looks
completely garbled. Like fractal numbers. So as you might imagine, learning to
use it will be a bit difficult (especially since I'm a tad math challenged :).

I tried changing the language, figured out which setting would be it and while I
couldn't read which language is which, I tried a few (one of which was likely
english, since it had the same fractals in the beginning for three different
sequential languages).

I thought it might be an issue with the current release, so I also downloaded
and installed the last 2.8 version, but it exhibited the same problems. I've
rebooted my mac in between as well.

Any ideas? Thanks! Philo

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1074/original/Screen_Shot_2018-12-28_at_09.04.32.png

--
philog (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Garbled interface text

Users mailing list
On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 5:21 AM philog wrote:

> Hi -- Downloaded latest Gimp for Mac (using El Capitan), and my interface looks
> completely garbled. Like fractal numbers. So as you might imagine, learning to
> use it will be a bit difficult (especially since I'm a tad math challenged :).
>
> I tried changing the language, figured out which setting would be it and while I
> couldn't read which language is which, I tried a few (one of which was likely
> english, since it had the same fractals in the beginning for three different
> sequential languages).
>
> I thought it might be an issue with the current release, so I also downloaded
> and installed the last 2.8 version, but it exhibited the same problems. I've
> rebooted my mac in between as well.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks! Philo

Sadly, no. We never found the reason why it happens for some macOS users.