Quantcast

GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Casey Connor
Apologies if this isn't the place, but the otto-kesselgulasch ppa bug
tracker doesn't seem active, and IIRC the maintainer has generously
responded to issues here in the past:

On GIMP 2.9.5 (commit 6aaf66700, from otto-kesselgulasch) on Kubuntu
16.10 with GMIC 2.0.0, effect Details -> Freaky details seems to be broken:

    |*** Error in
    ./fx_freaky_details_preview/gui_split_preview/*repeat/(...)/mix_rgb/mix_channels/*repeat/*local/
    *** Unknown command or filename '-m *' (did you mean '-m'?).|

I asked at the GMIC github, and dtschump replied:

    Recently in G'MIC 2.0.0_pre, the command |-**| has been replaced by
    |-m*|, and the filter update as been updated consequently. I believe
    that if you run an older preversion of of 2.0.0_pre (as probably the
    one in otto's PPA), you'll get this kind of error yes.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like perhaps the GMIC in the PPA
needs updating?

Thanks!

-Casey

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Thorsten Stettin
Am 17.03.2017 um 20:16 schrieb Casey Connor:

> Apologies if this isn't the place, but the otto-kesselgulasch ppa bug
> tracker doesn't seem active, and IIRC the maintainer has generously
> responded to issues here in the past:
>
> On GIMP 2.9.5 (commit 6aaf66700, from otto-kesselgulasch) on Kubuntu
> 16.10 with GMIC 2.0.0, effect Details -> Freaky details seems to be
> broken:
>
>    |*** Error in
> ./fx_freaky_details_preview/gui_split_preview/*repeat/(...)/mix_rgb/mix_channels/*repeat/*local/
>    *** Unknown command or filename '-m *' (did you mean '-m'?).|
>
> I asked at the GMIC github, and dtschump replied:
>
>    Recently in G'MIC 2.0.0_pre, the command |-**| has been replaced by
>    |-m*|, and the filter update as been updated consequently. I believe
>    that if you run an older preversion of of 2.0.0_pre (as probably the
>    one in otto's PPA), you'll get this kind of error yes.
>
> Unless I'm misunderstanding, it sounds like perhaps the GMIC in the
> PPA needs updating?
Ok, I will update G'MIC to the most recent version. Please wait. My PPA
strikes back. :-D

> Thanks!
>
> -Casey

Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Thorsten Stettin
Am 17.03.2017 um 20:16 schrieb Casey Connor:

Please wait but I have to build the most recent stack: babl => gegl =>
gimp before. And after that gmic follows. It takes some time. Estimated
two hours, I hope.
It's important giving me feedback.

I'm only human. :-*

Cheers

Thorsten

Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Casey Connor
No rush from me; please take your time. :-)

I appreciate your efforts very much,
-c

Am 17.03.2017 um 22:04 schrieb Casey Connor:
> No rush from me; please take your time. :-)
>
> I appreciate your efforts very much,
> -c
Papa was a rolling stone. :-D
The time is now.

Cheers

>> Please wait but I have to build the most recent stack: babl => gegl
>> => gimp before. And after that gmic follows. It takes some time.
>> Estimated two hours, I hope.
>> It's important giving me feedback.
>>
>> I'm only human. :-*
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thorsten

Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Thorsten Stettin
Am 17.03.2017 um 22:04 schrieb Casey Connor:
> No rush from me; please take your time. :-)
Pacific Daylight Time? Great! This gives me hope. One world, Bro.

> I appreciate your efforts very much,
> -c
>
>> Please wait but I have to build the most recent stack: babl => gegl
>> => gimp before. And after that gmic follows. It takes some time.
>> Estimated two hours, I hope.
>> It's important giving me feedback.
>>
>> I'm only human. :-*
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thorsten

Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Thorsten Stettin
Am 17.03.2017 um 22:04 schrieb Casey Connor:
> No rush from me; please take your time. :-)
>
> I appreciate your efforts very much,
> -c

Sorry, but I have some trouble compiling the latest gmic.

Additionally my landlord is knocking on my door. ;-)

I hope I have some spare time in order to build packages at the next
weekend.

Cheers

Thorsten

>> Please wait but I have to build the most recent stack: babl => gegl
>> => gimp before. And after that gmic follows. It takes some time.
>> Estimated two hours, I hope.
>> It's important giving me feedback.
>>
>> I'm only human. :-*
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Thorsten

Lao-Tse sagt: Nichtstun ist besser, als mit viel Mühe nichts zu schaffen.
Und er sagt auch: Ich habe drei Schätze, die ich hüte und hege.
Der eine ist die Liebe, der zweite ist die Genügsamkeit, der dritte ist die Demut.
Nur der Liebende ist mutig, nur der Genügsame ist großzügig, nur der Demütige ist fähig zu herrschen.

Re: GMIC filter Freaky Details broken in latest GIMP

Casey Connor
Landlord first, coding second, as they say. :-) Thanks for working on it, -c