Quantcast

GLIB Network

Users mailing list
WE have just installed Gimp on our museum computer. I am new to Gimp and so
need help sometimes.

The Help button tells me to intsall GLIB Network, what is it, where do I
get it and what does it cost?

From what I can see of GLIB is that it seems to tie in with a huge number
of programs. Do I really need to get involved in something like that and is
that the only way to get help with Gimp?

John Battison

Re: GLIB Network

Patrick Shanahan
* JOHN BATTISON via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> [03-22-17 18:06]:
> WE have just installed Gimp on our museum computer. I am new to Gimp and so
> need help sometimes.
>
> The Help button tells me to intsall GLIB Network, what is it, where do I
> get it and what does it cost?

it is a package, glib-networking

my system does not report it as required by gimp but by libsoup

> >From what I can see of GLIB is that it seems to tie in with a huge number
> of programs. Do I really need to get involved in something like that and is
> that the only way to get help with Gimp?

my gimp opens a browser to and html file included in the install of gimp-help,
  /usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/en/index.html

you don't mention what system you are running or where you got gimp or
what gimp packages you installed or ....

somewhat difficult to provide you with intelligent answers.
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2      Registered Linux User #207535
Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo                 @ http://linuxcounter.net