GIMP on Chromebooks

Keith Hamming
Hi All

I am a teacher in Michigan and our school is using chromebooks this year. I
was planning to use Gimp but my tech people at school tell me I can't run
Gimp on a chromebook. I read different people online that say I can. Can
GIMP run on a chrome book and, if so, how do I do that?

Thanks so much for your help!

Keith Hamming

Keith Hamming

Re: GIMP on Chromebooks

Users mailing list
I’m sure you can do it, all you need to do is look up “gimp on chromebook”
on Google and it shows you how to do it. But there are also online
alternatives that you can use cloud-based photo editing that may not have
all the features of game but might be a lot easier that’s why they don’t
want you to really install software on there because that’s gonna be a
security risk as far as the managing it from their school.
https://www.google.com/search?q=online+gimp+alternatives&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari
Dan