GIMP-GEGL

diego nassetti
Hi,

will it be possible (and -if yes- when) to have a "pdb" interface for
calling GEGL functions from inside a (scheme or python) filter?
If not as pdb, is it planned to create a single interface call like the one
existing for calling G'MIC (a string with all required parameters)?

Many thanks

Diego

Re: GIMP-GEGL

Joao S. O. Bueno
Hi Diego -  the main problem right now is that GEGL Python bindings
are only possible from Python3 (with pygobject)  - and GIMP-Python is
stuck in Python2 + old GTK+ bindings.

But your e-mail gave me an idea - not that I am currently with time to
hack with it - but maybe use a module thta use a shameless hack to
call GEGL functions, even if it requires  making remote procedure
calls to a Python3 plug-in that can use GEGL directly.