GIMP 2.8 Keyboard shortcuts failure

Misslo777
All GIMP keyboard shortcuts suddenly stopped working. I am unable to turn them
back on. Shortcuts work fine in all other applications.

I am running GIMP 2.8.22 on Ubuntu 18.04. Everything is vanilla.

This has happened twice now. Both times, shortcuts worked perfectly fine, for
weeks, then suddenly toggled off. I dug through the menus looking for a toggle,
tried the option to reset shortcuts, but that didn't fix it. I uninstalled and
reinstalled the software, and that didn't help either. I finally cleared it by
reloading Ubuntu from scratch and installing. That bought me about a week of
functionality, and now shortcuts are dead again.

Please help.

--
Fashoo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

GIMP 2.8 Keyboard shortcuts failure

Misslo777
UPDATE: I am now on GIMP 2.10 with the same symptoms.

--
Fashoo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

GIMP 2.8 Keyboard shortcuts failure

Misslo777
>UPDATE: I am now on GIMP 2.10 with the same symptoms.

The shortcuts are held in the file ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/menurc

with entries like

 ; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/dialogs/dialogs-brushes" "<Primary><Shift>b")

 ; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/gradients/gradients-edit" "")

 ; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/tools/tools-by-color-select" "<Shift>o")

 ; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/tools/tools-vector" "b")

Do you have that file with similar entries? Try renaming it to disable it, start
Gimp up and see if a new default is created.