GIMP 2.10 cannot open raw files

Users mailing list
Hi, all!

I had updated my GIMP installation to v2.10 recently. After that I've
lost the possibility to open raw files. I get the message proposing to
install either Darktable or Rawtherapee. But I have installed and working
Darktable in my system. Looks like v2.10 just cannot detect it. Also I
cannot setup particular raw processing program in preferences.

I use Gentoo (stable branch), GIMP 2.10.8 and Darktable 2.6.1.

Does anybody have a clue what's happening? Thanks in advance.

GIMP 2.10 cannot open raw files

hg2051
I'm having the same issue.

Running Gimp 2.10.10 and i've been working on 16 bit TIF that i've exported from
another software, all worked fine; then all of a sudden it stopped working.

so i troubleshooted and decided to uninstall and reinstall the software. still
no luck after that.
thought there might be some latent files left behind. so cleared everything.
then reinstalled again.
still no luck.

then i thought, why not import RAW files using darktable or UFRAW. UFraw has no
luck and now even darktable isn't working.

--
Matt878909 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: GIMP 2.10 cannot open raw files

Users mailing list
hi matt,
i found out that 2.10.10 has a rawtherapee plugin in the program. install
rawtherapee and when you open a raw file it opens rawtherapee, although
unlike the version of gimp with ufraw, be sure to check (if on a mac) the
dock to bring rawtherapee to the front of gimp.

hth,
dwain