GIMP 2.10 Color Problems

billlee
1. Using GIMP 2.10.4

I have need to duplicate objects in GIMP, changing only the colors in each
duplication.

I have not been able to do this since installing 2.10.

The colors cannot be selected and when I paint the object the color is something
completely different from what I selected.

It actually prevents me from using GIMP and I am now about to revert back to
GIMP 2.8.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

--
james81 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

GIMP 2.10 Color Problems

billlee
>1. Using GIMP 2.10.4
>
>I have need to duplicate objects in GIMP, changing only the colors in
>each duplication.
>
>I have not been able to do this since installing 2.10.
>
>The colors cannot be selected and when I paint the object the color is
>something completely different from what I selected.
>
>It actually prevents me from using GIMP and I am now about to revert
>back to GIMP 2.8.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thank you

Hi,

Can you please show a few examples? It's hard to understand what you do exactly.
As far as I know, color selection in GIMP 2.10 has not been changed.

--
s7habo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: GIMP 2.10 Color Problems

On 08/17/18 19:20, james81 wrote:

> 1. Using GIMP 2.10.4
>
> I have need to duplicate objects in GIMP, changing only the colors in each
> duplication.
>
> I have not been able to do this since installing 2.10.
>
> The colors cannot be selected and when I paint the object the color is something
> completely different from what I selected.
>
> It actually prevents me from using GIMP and I am now about to revert back to
> GIMP 2.8.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you

It looks like you are working on a color-indexed image (opened a GIF?) ,
and not on a plain RGB one.

Use Image>Mode>RGB to convert.

GIMP 2.10 Color Problems

billlee
>It looks like you are working on a color-indexed image (opened a GIF?)
>,
>and not on a plain RGB one.
>
>Use Image>Mode>RGB to convert.

What can I say except THANK YOU for nailing my stupid problem. When you reach my
advanced age, the brain has a tendency to malfunction.

Seriously, many thanks. :)

--
james81 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)