GEGL C2G

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

GEGL C2G

Jack Ogden
​Hi,

I am mainly working ​with photomicrographs of metal surfaces (tool marks
etc) and have found that the C2G filter in GEGL (in conjunction with
others) can really help reveal surface textures. I need to explain my
procedure in very simple terms in a written article and thus say what the
C2G filter does and I am at a loss. I have minimal understanding of the
technicalities of image manipulation and the explanations of C2G I have
found so far are way too technical for me to understand let alone pass on
briefly to an even less specialised audience. So, can anyone say what it
does in very simple, general terms?  Any help would be wonderful - thanks.

Jack
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GEGL C2G

Pat David
Not sure if it will help, but I wrote a little bit about it as part of a
digital b&w conversion article a while ago:

https://pixls.us/articles/digital-b-w-conversion-gimp/#gegl-c2g
On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM Jack Ogden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​Hi,
>
> I am mainly working ​with photomicrographs of metal surfaces (tool marks
> etc) and have found that the C2G filter in GEGL (in conjunction with
> others) can really help reveal surface textures. I need to explain my
> procedure in very simple terms in a written article and thus say what the
> C2G filter does and I am at a loss. I have minimal understanding of the
> technicalities of image manipulation and the explanations of C2G I have
> found so far are way too technical for me to understand let alone pass on
> briefly to an even less specialised audience. So, can anyone say what it
> does in very simple, general terms?  Any help would be wonderful - thanks.
>
> Jack
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: GEGL C2G

Jack Ogden
Brilliant Pat - a great help. Many thanks,

Jack



On 20 May 2017 at 13:38, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure if it will help, but I wrote a little bit about it as part of a
> digital b&w conversion article a while ago:
>
> https://pixls.us/articles/digital-b-w-conversion-gimp/#gegl-c2g
> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/4130e241af4f401914fe297ba158e673e6921362?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpixls.us%2Farticles%2Fdigital-b-w-conversion-gimp%2F%23gegl-c2g&userId=309296&signature=fab792700e806c36>
> On Sat, May 20, 2017 at 6:49 AM Jack Ogden <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> ​Hi,
>>
>> I am mainly working ​with photomicrographs of metal surfaces (tool marks
>> etc) and have found that the C2G filter in GEGL (in conjunction with
>> others) can really help reveal surface textures. I need to explain my
>> procedure in very simple terms in a written article and thus say what the
>> C2G filter does and I am at a loss. I have minimal understanding of the
>> technicalities of image manipulation and the explanations of C2G I have
>> found so far are way too technical for me to understand let alone pass on
>> briefly to an even less specialised audience. So, can anyone say what it
>> does in very simple, general terms?  Any help would be wonderful - thanks.
>>
>> Jack
>> _______________________________________________
>> gimp-user-list mailing list
>> List address:    [hidden email]
>> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
>> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/903ed3688713e6a2a781dd640660e579b4068a12?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.gnome.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgimp-user-list&userId=309296&signature=2e42d9cf92f0e4d2>
>> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/e2618a4965b95b319b0c257a5e79da83ccb63854?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmail.gnome.org%2Farchives%2Fgimp-user-list&userId=309296&signature=51870e50af3e7913>
>
> --
> https://patdavid.net
> <https://mailtrack.io/trace/link/75ce3bfa39ba92803c3c1a5794b02e74fc4bf1df?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpatdavid.net&userId=309296&signature=7dfd9cb136d0d58b>
> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
>
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...