Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters

Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters

diego nassetti
Forwarded conversation
Subject: selection of a colour using python filters
------------------------

From: diego nassetti <[hidden email]>
Date: Mon, May 22, 2017 at 6:30 PM
To: [hidden email]

Hi,
I noticed that using filters written in python, when there is to select a
colour (parameter PF_COLOR), the interface panel appearing when clicking
over the default colour shown by the filter is very limited with respect to
the possibilities available in the standard color picking interface (and
even in the interface of a filter written in script-fu).
Is there any plan to improve it?
Thanks a lot.
(PS: I'm using Gimp 2.8.20)
Diego

----------
From: diego nassetti <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, May 23, 2017 at 8:05 AM
To: [hidden email]

Hi,
to complete my request I attach examples of:
- what I get trying to select a colour from a python filter
- what I get when changing BG colour (which I called standard color picking)
Would it be possible in a next release to have the std panel also when
using a python filter?
Thanks

Re: Fwd: selection of a colour using python filters

Joao S. O. Bueno
Moin  -

There is no current effort or intent to improve on the color selection
for Python or Script-fu plug-ins.
There are few developers on GIMP and they are focusing on other points
of the codebase -

You can open a feature-request on http://bugzilla.gnome.org -  be sure
to specify exactly what you think
would be nice for this color picker, and then try to get someone to
provide a patch.

It will help if you follow continue this e-mail thread detailing a
little bit more what features you miss, and why it is important for
you before opening the feature request - so that we can make some more
suggestions to you.

regards,

  js
 -><-