Focus

Richard-118
Well, asking the group, what would be the best method
in doing the following:

Have some IR shots, that are good, however, the shutter speed,
was very low like: 1/15 to 1 second, due to the filter on the camera.
did in fact use tri-pod & timmer, however, the trees, still moved, and
so did the grass.

What I need to do is to refocus the image, or resharpen,
however, unsharpen mask made it worst.

Are there some plug ins to use, or some methods ?

TNX
Rick

Re: Focus

Sven Neumann
Hi,

Richard Nagle <[hidden email]> writes:

> What I need to do is to refocus the image, or resharpen,
> however, unsharpen mask made it worst.
>
> Are there some plug ins to use, or some methods ?

Have you tried http://refocus.sourceforge.net/ yet?

Sven

Re: Focus

Alexander Rabtchevich
I'd recommend you the refocus plugin (do not mess it with refocus-it,
which is useless). The source code can be find at
http://refocus.sourceforge.net/
The compiled Windows plugin is
http://distantland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/gimp/plug-ins/files/refocus-0.9.0.zip
The sharpness can be changed with change of correlation value.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich

Re: Focus

Alexander Rabtchevich
Sorry, I don't know.
If there is a MAC conference on GIMP (as it is for Windows), you can ask
somebody there to compile the plugin for you.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich