Finding the Correct Font

aznelson
I have taken on the task of finishing a previously started effort by another
person. That person is gone and I have not been able to determine the font he
used.
Is there any way to determine the font?
Thank you
James

--
james81 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Finding the Correct Font

Liam R E Quin
On Sat, 2020-02-29 at 03:00 +0100, james81 wrote:
> I have taken on the task of finishing a previously started effort by
> another
> person. That person is gone and I have not been able to determine the
> font he
> used.
> Is there any way to determine the font?

What do you have to start with? Printouts? Sketches? XCF files? JPEG
files?

If you have xcf (or PSD) files, open them and see what fonts are
requested.

If not, use a font identification service - the app Find My Font seems
to work quite well if you have an Android phone. There are some online
ones too, e.g. at myfonts.com.

slave

Click here to have the slave beaten.

Re: Finding the Correct Font

Kevin Cozens-2
On 2020-02-28 9:00 p.m., james81 wrote:
> I have taken on the task of finishing a previously started effort by another
> person. That person is gone and I have not been able to determine the font he
> used.
> Is there any way to determine the font?

If the image you are working on was created by GIMP the name of the font
will be in the .xcf file. Short of that, you can use websites such as
identifont.com or https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ to get an idea of the
font used by telling those sites about characteristics of the characters in
the image.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick

Finding the Correct Font

aznelson
>What do you have to start with? Printouts? Sketches? XCF files? JPEG
>files?
>
>If you have xcf (or PSD) files, open them and see what fonts are
>requested.
>
>If not, use a font identification service - the app Find My Font seems
>to work quite well if you have an Android phone. There are some online
>ones too, e.g. at myfonts.com.
>
>slave
Thank you, My problem disappeared in a puff of smoke. I am grateful for your
reply.

--
james81 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)