Quantcast

Filters etc always going to the background

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Filters etc always going to the background

Paul Thornton
Hi,

This is my first post here, so hopefully the right area.

I seem to be having an issue with Gimp, that when I open a filter (any of
them), the window always goes to the background and I either have to click
it on the task bar or swap to that window.

I have looked everywhere for options to see if I can change this behaviour
and tried to google / view archive for this specific issue, but cannot see
one, so maybe it's just me.

I think my Gimp Version is 2.2.18

Does someone know what may be causing this please as I believe a previous
version I used to run, the popup's would always appear in front of the main
window.

Thank you,

Paul
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Filters etc always going to the background

Steve Kinney


On 03/06/2017 11:54 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my first post here, so hopefully the right area.

I think this is the right place.  But first we need to know, what
operating system are you using (name and version number)?  And, if your
desktop interface has any major options (i.e. "standard" vs. "classic"
in Windows) which you are using.  Odds are someone with the same setup
as you knows the answer to this.

In the meantime, alt+tab is your friend...

:o)



> I seem to be having an issue with Gimp, that when I open a filter (any of
> them), the window always goes to the background and I either have to click
> it on the task bar or swap to that window.
>
> I have looked everywhere for options to see if I can change this behaviour
> and tried to google / view archive for this specific issue, but cannot see
> one, so maybe it's just me.
>
> I think my Gimp Version is 2.2.18
>
> Does someone know what may be causing this please as I believe a previous
> version I used to run, the popup's would always appear in front of the main
> window.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Paul
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Filters etc always going to the background

Partha Bagchi-2
I'd say he is using a Mac ...

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Steve Kinney <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On 03/06/2017 11:54 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This is my first post here, so hopefully the right area.
>
> I think this is the right place.  But first we need to know, what
> operating system are you using (name and version number)?  And, if your
> desktop interface has any major options (i.e. "standard" vs. "classic"
> in Windows) which you are using.  Odds are someone with the same setup
> as you knows the answer to this.
>
> In the meantime, alt+tab is your friend...
>
> :o)
>
>
>
> > I seem to be having an issue with Gimp, that when I open a filter (any of
> > them), the window always goes to the background and I either have to
> click
> > it on the task bar or swap to that window.
> >
> > I have looked everywhere for options to see if I can change this
> behaviour
> > and tried to google / view archive for this specific issue, but cannot
> see
> > one, so maybe it's just me.
> >
> > I think my Gimp Version is 2.2.18
> >
> > Does someone know what may be causing this please as I believe a previous
> > version I used to run, the popup's would always appear in front of the
> main
> > window.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Paul
> > _______________________________________________
> > gimp-user-list mailing list
> > List address:    [hidden email]
> > List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> > List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
> >
> _______________________________________________
> gimp-user-list mailing list
> List address:    [hidden email]
> List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
> List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
>
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Filters etc always going to the background

Michael Schumacher
On 03/09/2017 12:05 AM, Partha Bagchi wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Steve Kinney <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>> On 03/06/2017 11:54 AM, Paul Thornton wrote:

>>> I seem to be having an issue with Gimp, that when I open a filter
>>> (any of them), the window always goes to the background and I
>>> either have to click it on the task bar or swap to that window.

>> I think this is the right place.  But first we need to know, what
>> operating system are you using (name and version number)?  And, if
>>  your desktop interface has any major options (i.e. "standard" vs.
>>  "classic" in Windows) which you are using.  Odds are someone with
>>  the same setup as you knows the answer to this.

>> In the meantime, alt+tab is your friend...

> I'd say he is using a Mac ...

This seems to happen there somewhat more frequently (cf.
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=732985 or
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=753248 ) but is not limited
to this platform.

We hope that a user who knows the debugging tools for the windowing
system they use can do some research there and figure out what exactly
is happening, i.e. what either GIMP or GTK+ would have to do different-


--
Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Loading...