Feedback

Users mailing list
I'm really interested in providing feedback about gimp.  But I am finding that getting involved is quite difficult.  How do I see what others have posted in the mailing lists?  Its not clear.  Who would I send my feedback about my experiences with gimp tutorials to?

Regards

Nick

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

Re: Feedback

Users mailing list
If you've signed up for the mailing lists you'll see when others email into
them.  I think there's just not a lot of traffic at the moment on the
[Gimp-user] list.

You can send feedback about tutorials to the tutorial authors or websites
they originate from.
If it's on the gimp.org website you can ping me and I'll do my best to help
or direct you to the right person.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:03 AM Nicholas Perks via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm really interested in providing feedback about gimp.  But I am finding
> that getting involved is quite difficult.  How do I see what others have
> posted in the mailing lists?  Its not clear.  Who would I send my feedback
> about my experiences with gimp tutorials to?
>
> Regards
>
> Nick
>
> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Feedback

Users mailing list
The author of the tutorial I was following is Pat David.  How would I go about contacting him?

Cheers

Nick

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

On 16 Dec 2020, 6:36 pm, at 6:36 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:

>If you've signed up for the mailing lists you'll see when others email
>into
>them.  I think there's just not a lot of traffic at the moment on the
>[Gimp-user] list.
>
>You can send feedback about tutorials to the tutorial authors or
>websites
>they originate from.
>If it's on the gimp.org website you can ping me and I'll do my best to
>help
>or direct you to the right person.
>
>On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:03 AM Nicholas Perks via gimp-user-list <
>[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'm really interested in providing feedback about gimp.  But I am
>finding
>> that getting involved is quite difficult.  How do I see what others
>have
>> posted in the mailing lists?  Its not clear.  Who would I send my
>feedback
>> about my experiences with gimp tutorials to?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
>>

>--
>https://patdavid.net
>GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Feedback

Users mailing list
He's here. ;)

Go ahead and ask your question.  I'll do my best to help if I can.
Please be as descriptive as possible in order to help us to help you.

On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 3:59 PM Nicholas Perks <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The author of the tutorial I was following is Pat David.  How would I go
> about contacting him?
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick
>
> Get BlueMail for Android <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=16117>
> On 16 Dec 2020, at 6:36 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> If you've signed up for the mailing lists you'll see when others email
>> into them.  I think there's just not a lot of traffic at the moment on the
>> [Gimp-user] list.
>>
>> You can send feedback about tutorials to the tutorial authors or websites
>> they originate from.
>> If it's on the gimp.org website you can ping me and I'll do my best to
>> help or direct you to the right person.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:03 AM Nicholas Perks via gimp-user-list <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm really interested in providing feedback about gimp.  But I am
>>> finding that getting involved is quite difficult.  How do I see what others
>>> have posted in the mailing lists?  Its not clear.  Who would I send my
>>> feedback about my experiences with gimp tutorials to?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>
>>> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
>>>

>> --
>> https://patdavid.net
>> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Feedback

Patrick Shanahan-3
* Nicholas Perks via gimp-user-list <[hidden email]> [12-17-20 17:18]:

> The author of the tutorial I was following is Pat David.  How would I go about contacting him?
>
> Cheers
>
> Nick
>
> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
>
> On 16 Dec 2020, 6:36 pm, at 6:36 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >If you've signed up for the mailing lists you'll see when others email
> >into
> >them.  I think there's just not a lot of traffic at the moment on the
> >[Gimp-user] list.
> >
> >You can send feedback about tutorials to the tutorial authors or
> >websites
> >they originate from.
> >If it's on the gimp.org website you can ping me and I'll do my best to
> >help
> >or direct you to the right person.
> >
> >On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 2:03 AM Nicholas Perks via gimp-user-list <
> >[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm really interested in providing feedback about gimp.  But I am
> >finding
> >> that getting involved is quite difficult.  How do I see what others
> >have
> >> posted in the mailing lists?  Its not clear.  Who would I send my
> >feedback
> >> about my experiences with gimp tutorials to?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Nick
> >>
> >> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​
> >>

> >--
> >https://patdavid.net
> >GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

if you look real closely, you may find it it the text you quoted.

Re: Feedback

I was following the tutorial about making a simple floating logo but bump map wouldnt work in the way outlined in the tutorial.  In fact it didn't work at all.  There was no preview and no spinner with the word visible in it.  The version of gimp I'm using was the most up to date from your site, version 2.10.22.  Is the tutorial based on a previous version?  Is that the problem?  Or are there plugin in that I'm missing?

Thanks for you help.

Nick

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

On 17 Dec 2020, 10:01 pm, at 10:01 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:

>He's here. ;)
>
>Go ahead and ask your question.  I'll do my best to help if I can.
>Please be as descriptive as possible in order to help us to help you.
>
>On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 3:59 PM Nicholas Perks
><[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>> The author of the tutorial I was following is Pat David.  How would I
>go
>> about contacting him?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> Get BlueMail for Android <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=16117>
>> On 16 Dec 2020, at 6:36 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If you've signed up for the mailing lists you'll see when others
>email
>>> into them.  I think there's just not a lot of traffic at the moment
>on the
>>> [Gimp-user] list.
>>>
>>> You can send feedback about tutorials to the tutorial authors or
>websites
>>> they originate from.
>>> If it's on the gimp.org website you can ping me and I'll do my best
>>> help or direct you to the right person.

>what others
>my

>>> --
>>> https://patdavid.net
>>> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
>>>

>--
>https://patdavid.net
>GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Feedback

Users mailing list
I see what happened.

This tutorial was written for a previous version of GIMP - some of the
filters have been migrated to GEGL operations so their dialogs look
different.

In your case, to get the bump map to work, you'll want to choose the
blurred text layer here in the GEGL dialog:

https://i.imgur.com/YwlIVYl.png

Similarly for other functions, you should see something with a similar name
of some sort and you may need to look at an updated dialog.
I'll add updating these to my list of to-do items... :)

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 4:15 AM Nicholas Perks <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I was following the tutorial about making a simple floating logo but bump
> map wouldnt work in the way outlined in the tutorial.  In fact it didn't
> work at all.  There was no preview and no spinner with the word visible in
> it.  The version of gimp I'm using was the most up to date from your site,
> version 2.10.22.  Is the tutorial based on a previous version?  Is that the
> problem?  Or are there plugin in that I'm missing?
>
> Thanks for you help.
>
> Nick
>
> Get BlueMail for Android <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=16117>
> On 17 Dec 2020, at 10:01 pm, Pat David <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> He's here. ;)
>>
>> Go ahead and ask your question.  I'll do my best to help if I can.
>> Please be as descriptive as possible in order to help us to help you.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 3:59 PM Nicholas Perks < [hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> The author of the tutorial I was following is Pat David.  How would I go
>>> about contacting him?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Nick
>>>
>>> Get BlueMail for Android <http://www.bluemail.me/r?b=16117>

>> --
>> https://patdavid.net
>> GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

--
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC

Re: Feedback

Users mailing list
Success.  I think.  Sorry it took a while to get back to you.  Your advice appears to have worked.  But I haven't had the opportunity to complete the tutorial.  Thank you very much for you help.  I had another question if you don't  mind.  May I ask if Gimp has any preset shapes.  I can't seem to find them.

Regards and thanks again.

Nick

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​