Fatal error: unhandled exception

Misslo777
Since upgrading from 2.8 to 2.10 I'm getting occasional crashes on GIMP startup
with the message: "fatal error: unhandled exception" (see screenshot).

It happens on maybe 1 in 8 GIMP launches and when it does it then happens maybe
2 or 3 times in a row but then after that it launches OK until the next time.

I've read some reports of incompatible plugins from older versions causing
crashes so I uninstalled and manually deleted any GIMP-related
folders/themes/plugins and did a completely clean install but it still happens
from time to time.

Any suggestions please?

(Win 10 x64)

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/954/original/error.jpg

--
tbm (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Fatal error: unhandled exception

Misslo777

I am getting the same error message since the new year.

GIMP was working fine with the latest release, but when it is loading now I just
see the blocks instead of text and then the program hangs for a while before
displaying the fatal error message.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1078/original/loading.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1079/original/fatal_error.jpg

--
Tim_Vincent (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Fatal error: unhandled exception

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?=
On Thu, 03 Jan 2019 14:13:55 +-0100, Tim_Vincent wrote:

> GIMP was working fine with the latest release, but when it is loading now I just
> see the blocks instead of text and then the program hangs for a while before
> displaying the fatal error message.

Try downloading the latest installer (gimp-2.10.8-setup-2.exe) - this
problem happened under specific circumstances if you installed
gimp-2.10.8-setup.exe or gimp-2.10.8-setup-1.exe .

--
< Jernej Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0- ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >