Fast way to view all patterns?

"Rikard Johnels"
Hello all!
Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in
the selection tools?
I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big.
It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

--

         /Rikard

" Sharing knowledge is the most fundamental act of friendship.
Because it is a way you can give something without loosing something."
                -R. Stallman

Re: Fast way to view all patterns?

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
On Monday 16 May 2005 22:18, Rikard Johnels wrote:
> Hello all!
> Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the
> iconic view in the selection tools?
> I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big.
> It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

The only way I can think of doing this is buiding an image that
displays the patterns the way you like ,a nd keeping this iamge open
around.

Re: Fast way to view all patterns?

Bugzilla from horkana@maths.tcd.ie

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Rikard Johnels wrote:

> Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 03:18:11 +0200
> From: Rikard Johnels <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [Gimp-user] Fast way to view all patterns?
>
> Hello all!
> Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the iconic view in
> the selection tools?
> I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big.
> It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.

Open the Patterns Palette (aka Dialog)
Click on the trianglular icon to the right of the X shaped icon,
from the context menu choose
Preview Size, Gigantic

Which looks like approxiamately 200x200, although patterns smaller than
that are not forcibly resized.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://matrix.netsoc.tcd.ie/~horkana/

Re: Fast way to view all patterns?

Sven Neumann

Rikard Johnels <[hidden email]> writes:

> Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the
> iconic view in the selection tools?  I would like to have a palette
> to view ca. 200x200 pixels big.  It would make it easier for me to
> choose the right one faster.

Why don't you just increase the preview size in the Palettes dialog?

Sven

Re: Fast way to view all patterns?

Barton Bosch
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

> On Monday 16 May 2005 22:18, Rikard Johnels wrote:
>
>>Hello all!
>>Is there a fast way to view all patterns a bit bigger then the
>>iconic view in the selection tools?
>>I would like to have a palette to view ca. 200x200 pixels big.
>>It would make it easier for me to choose the right one faster.
>

> The only way I can think of doing this is buiding an image that
> displays the patterns the way you like ,a nd keeping this iamge open
> around.

Open a pattern dialog in the dock, select the pattern dialog tab,
click on the tab menu (little triangle in the square) button, pick
preview size from the menu and then choose a larger size than the
default (medium) for the pattern previews.  Heh, just learned this
one today by reading:

http://docs.gimp.org/en/ch02s03s04.html

Barton
--
"All experience hath shown that even under the best forms of
government those entrusted with power have in time and by slow

--  Thomas Jefferson