External Drives

Julie Bennett
With the advent of 2.10, Gimp now does not recognize external hard drives.  I have a RAID drive which Unbuntu does recognize. Julie Bennett Design/Build Solutions for Home and Office Drums and Percussion Photography [hidden email] 360-250-9497

Re: External Drives

Liam R E Quin
On Tue, 2018-08-21 at 15:26 -0700, Julie Bennett wrote:
> With the advent of 2.10, Gimp now does not recognize external hard
> drives.

It certainly does here.  Can you give us more details?

What did you try, exactly. What did you expect to happen" What actually
happens?

Does the external drive show up in Gnome "Files"? (if you're running
Gnome, that is; if not, say what you're running and whether the drive
shows up). Can other applications access the drive? Does GIMp see the
drive if you quit gimp and restart it while the drive is connected?

You mention a RAID drive that Ubuntu recognizes; is that the drive you
mean? And are you running GIMP on Ubuntu? Which version of Gimp? Where
did you get it?

slave liam (ankh)

Click here to have the slave beaten.

Re: External Drives

On 08/22/18 00:26, Julie Bennett wrote:
> With the advent of 2.10, Gimp now does not recognize external hard drives.  I have a RAID drive which Unbuntu does recognize. Julie Bennett Design/Build Solutions for Home and Office Drums and Percussion Photography [hidden email] 360-250-9497

If the drive is permanently mounted in your filesystem (somewhere under
/mnt for permanent mounts, or /media/$your_id/ for pluggable devices it
should show in the file selector.

Gimp itself won't auto-mount it, but you can likely mount it in your
file explorer and Gimp's file selector will then see it.