Quantcast

Exporting my a4 poster

Kalanco
Hi, I'm a new gimp 2 user. I have finished an a4 poster for my band. When I
export it as a jpeg a small section of the screen is my poster, but there is a
load of background which I don't want to see. I did it as a4 in order to print,
but would also like to put it on fb, without the background. Any help would be
much appreciated.

--
Mort78 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Exporting my a4 poster

Ken Moffat
On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 06:17:52PM +0200, Mort78 wrote:
> Hi, I'm a new gimp 2 user. I have finished an a4 poster for my band. When I
> export it as a jpeg a small section of the screen is my poster, but there is a
> load of background which I don't want to see. I did it as a4 in order to print,
> but would also like to put it on fb, without the background. Any help would be
> much appreciated.

Zoom In so that it occupies more of the screen ?  Your question
souunds as if you will be using some sort of screen-copy program to
post it.

Just attach it so that a (full-size) image is posted to that site ?
(No idea if that works, I don't have any reason to use it but I do
see it can be useful for a band)

You can also copy the A4 image (i.e. the xcf file) to a new name and
then run Image -> Scale Image to alter the number of pixels and the
pixels-per-inch (or whatever metric your locale uses).

ĸen
--
 Error: ( : 1) not enough arguments