Export archive

Juan Guillermo González-Meneses García-Valdecasas
I have updated mi Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before, I could export my
picture, after working in it with GIMP, from JPG to JPG, with the same
name, of course deleting the previous one when accepting to do that.

Now, since the first day using my new Windows 10, I get this message:

"Ha fallado el guardado de «E:\Allthings\2019\IMG_5912.JPG»

No se pudo abrir «E:\Allthings\2019\IMG_5912.JPG» para escritura:
Permission denied"

Any suggestion?

Thanks

JG

Re: Export archive

Jernej Simončič-3
On Friday, February 7, 2020, 13:17:27, Juan Guillermo González-Meneses García-Valdecasas wrote:

> Permission denied"

> Any suggestion?

Looks like filesystem permissions prevent GIMP from writing the file -
right-click the parent directory, choose Properties and go to
Permissions tab, then check that Users or Everyone has Change
permission.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

That which we call sin in others is experiment for us.
       -- Emerson's Insight

Re: Export archive

IIRC on Windows 10 apps can be sandboxed and prevented to write outside
your home directory. There are

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files/unable-to-write-to-external-hard-drive-windows-10/8fa79627-984a-4b5f-8d7d-08bacd4f3516