Execution error for procedure 'gimp-file-save': Unknown file type

Execution error for procedure 'gimp-file-save': Unknown file type

Users mailing list
Trying to run a script that will save all open Gimp windows named
"[Untitled] - 1.0 (RGB color....." after a rapid screenshot session.

I found an older script which has this command but it fails in Gimp
2.10.4 on Windows 10: (probably due to the new Gimp version,not the
underlying OS.)

            gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE

Is there another script available that will do this, or, is there
another command for 2.10.4 that will allow this script to run?

It would be nice if the script asked for a path, then saved the open
windows with a unique filename to avoid filename collisions.

Thanks everyone.

Keith

Re: Execution error for procedure 'gimp-file-save': Unknown file type

Users mailing list
On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 2:05 AM Keith Christian via gimp-user-list <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to run a script that will save all open Gimp windows named
> "[Untitled] - 1.0 (RGB color....." after a rapid screenshot session.
>
> I found an older script which has this command but it fails in Gimp
> 2.10.4 on Windows 10: (probably due to the new Gimp version,not the
> underlying OS.)
>
>             gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE
>
> Is there another script available that will do this, or, is there
> another command for 2.10.4 that will allow this script to run?
>
> It would be nice if the script asked for a path, then saved the open
> windows with a unique filename to avoid filename collisions.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Keith

Why would you think that a script for an earlier version would work on a
later version?

Did you look at the script to see why it is behaving as it does?

Cheers,

Cliff

--
My Amazon author page : https://amazon.com/author/cliffpratt
My Facebook author page : https://www.facebook.com/cliffprattauthor

Re: Execution error for procedure 'gimp-file-save': Unknown file type

A quick look at a code snippet I found. It does this:

 (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image layer file-name file-name)

So 'gimp-file-save' apparently takes parameters (at least, in the version
of GIMP that the script is written for.

You would probably have to wrap the gimp-file-save in a script that
supplies the parameters for the call, something like this:

https://www.wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Code_Snippets/Script-Fu

Cheers,

Cliff