Quantcast

Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Americo Gobbo
Hi I have updated my git master... but I have this message while I am creating an screenshot or exporting as jpg, png, etc:
Module '/opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so' load error: /opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so: undefined symbol:pango_attr_foreground_alpha_new.
---
Is possible that the dependencies are modified recently?
Thanks,
americo

---
My distro is Ubuntu 14.04.3 GNOME 3.10

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List membership:https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Developers mailing list
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:11:36 -0300
Americo Gobbo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi I have updated my git master... but I have this message while I am
> creating an screenshot or exporting as jpg, png, etc: Module
> '/opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so' load
> error: /opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so: undefined
> symbol:pango_attr_foreground_alpha_new. --- Is possible that the
> dependencies are modified recently? Thanks, americo
>
> ---
> My distro is Ubuntu 14.04.3 GNOME 3.10

GEGL requires Pango >= 1.38 to build gegl:text since February.  Looks
like Ubuntu 14.04 ships with 1.36.  Either way, this should be picked up
when you configure GEGL.  Is it possible you're building against a newer
version of Pango than the one being picked up at runtime?

--
Ell
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Developers mailing list
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:53:57 -0400
Ell via gimp-developer-list <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:11:36 -0300
> Americo Gobbo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi I have updated my git master... but I have this message while I
> > am creating an screenshot or exporting as jpg, png, etc: Module
> > '/opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so' load
> > error: /opt/gimp-default-master/lib/gegl-0.3/text.so: undefined
> > symbol:pango_attr_foreground_alpha_new. --- Is possible that the
> > dependencies are modified recently? Thanks, americo
> >
> > ---
> > My distro is Ubuntu 14.04.3 GNOME 3.10  
>
> GEGL requires Pango >= 1.38 to build gegl:text since February.  Looks
> like Ubuntu 14.04 ships with 1.36.  Either way, this should be picked
> up when you configure GEGL.  Is it possible you're building against a
> newer version of Pango than the one being picked up at runtime?

Actually, there was an interval where gegl:text would get built without
checking this dependency, so it's possible that this is a leftover from
an earlier build (although that would be weird if this problem only
started recently.)  You can manually remove "text.so" (and make sure
that it's not getting reinstalled by a GEGL "make install") if that's
the case.  It shouldn't be a problem for GIMP for now, but in the long
run it's better to get it built.

--
Ell
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Americo Gobbo
In reply to this post by Developers mailing list
Hi Ell

On 26-03-2017 12:53, Ell wrote:
> GEGL requires Pango >= 1.38 to build gegl:text since February.  Looks
> like Ubuntu 14.04 ships with 1.36.  Either way, this should be picked up
> when you configure GEGL.  Is it possible you're building against a newer
> version of Pango than the one being picked up at runtime?
I have installed my dependencies directly on my gimp folder because I
had different dependencies outdated on my distro.
So, to install Pango 1.38 or higher is necessary to install also the
dependencies of this version?
I have tried install in my 'make' environment the pango-1.38.1, but
without success and on my ./configure (final part) has these messages:

checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
configure: creating ./config.lt
config.lt: creating libtool
checking for some Win32 platform... no
checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking for HARFBUZZ... no
checking for CoreText availability... no
checking for CAIRO... yes
checking which cairo font backends could be used... none
configure: Disabling cairo support
configure: error: *** Could not enable any backends.
*** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.
---
Can you help to resolve the steps to follow?
---
If this is complex, another way to resolve this is to do a hard reset on
my clone... can you send me the commits of each app (babl, gegl, gimp)
that I must use?
thanks
americo


_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Americo Gobbo
In reply to this post by Developers mailing list
Hi

On 26-03-2017 13:16, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:
> Actually, there was an interval where gegl:text would get built without
> checking this dependency, so it's possible that this is a leftover from
> an earlier build (although that would be weird if this problem only
> started recently.)  You can manually remove "text.so" (and make sure
> that it's not getting reinstalled by a GEGL "make install") if that's
> the case.  It shouldn't be a problem for GIMP for now, but in the long
> run it's better to get it built.
Ok, now is Ok!
After LGM I am thinking install a new release of my distro... the
current, sure is becoming a bit outdated ;-)
To install the new release of Pango is not recommended on my
ubuntu-gnome 14.04?
thanks
americo

_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error Message on Gegl - Last Git Master

Developers mailing list
In reply to this post by Americo Gobbo
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:00:28 -0300
Americo Gobbo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have installed my dependencies directly on my gimp folder because I
> had different dependencies outdated on my distro.
> So, to install Pango 1.38 or higher is necessary to install also the
> dependencies of this version?
> I have tried install in my 'make' environment the pango-1.38.1, but
> without success and on my ./configure (final part) has these messages:
>
> checking whether the c++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
> shared libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... (cached) GNU/Linux ld.so
> checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
> configure: creating ./config.lt
> config.lt: creating libtool
> checking for some Win32 platform... no
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for HARFBUZZ... no
> checking for CoreText availability... no
> checking for CAIRO... yes
> checking which cairo font backends could be used... none
> configure: Disabling cairo support
> configure: error: *** Could not enable any backends.
> *** Must have at least one backend to build Pango.
> ---
> Can you help to resolve the steps to follow?

Looks like Pango can't find the cairo freetype backend, which is
strange because it's installed by the "libcairo2-dev" package on
Ubuntu.  If you're building cairo yourself, you might be missing some
dependencies required to build freetype support.

> On 26-03-2017 13:16, Ell via gimp-developer-list wrote:
> > Actually, there was an interval where gegl:text would get built
> > without checking this dependency, so it's possible that this is a
> > leftover from an earlier build (although that would be weird if
> > this problem only started recently.)  You can manually remove
> > "text.so" (and make sure that it's not getting reinstalled by a
> > GEGL "make install") if that's the case.  It shouldn't be a problem
> > for GIMP for now, but in the long run it's better to get it built.  
> Ok, now is Ok!
> After LGM I am thinking install a new release of my distro... the
> current, sure is becoming a bit outdated ;-)
> To install the new release of Pango is not recommended on my
> ubuntu-gnome 14.04?

You can probably install a new Pango relase on 14.04 if you're
persistent enough, but a shiny new distro is always better :)

--
Ell
_______________________________________________
gimp-developer-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-developer-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-developer-list
Loading...