Error Adding Brushes

Dr. Jason Amerson
I am trying to add some Photoshop brushes to GIMP. Most added just fine, but a couple did not. I am getting the following errors:
Failed to Load Data:
Error loading '/home/username/.config/GIMP/2.10/brushes/concept.abr': Unable to decode abr format version 10.
Failed to Load Data:

Error loading '/home/username/.config/GIMP/2.10/brushes/megapack.abr': Unable to decode abr format version 10.
These brushes worked fine on my computer when I was running Windows. But now that I am running Linux, I am getting these two errors. I also did this on my other Linux computers and got the same results. I downloaded the brushes from I am not sure if there is anything to be done, but I am just asking just in case this can be fixed.

Jason

Re: Error Adding Brushes

Users mailing list
On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 8:16 PM Dr. Jason Amerson wrote:

> I am trying to add some Photoshop brushes to GIMP. Most added just fine, but a couple did not. I am getting the following errors:
> I downloaded the brushes from I am not sure if there is anything to be done, but I am just asking just in case this can be fixed.

Supporting more file format versions of ABR is a known feature
request. We have a quick fix that we haven't applied yet. We need to
review it, and if it's good enough, this will make it to the next
release.

Meanwhile, you can use a Windows program called abrMate to convert to
an old version of the file format.

Re: Error Adding Brushes

Users mailing list
> Supporting more file format versions of ABR is a known feature
> request. We have a quick fix that we haven't applied yet. We need to
> review it, and if it's good enough, this will make it to the next
> release.

The quick fix is now applied and tested. To be available in version 2.10.16.

Re: Error Adding Brushes

Dr. Jason Amerson

Great, thank you for your help!