Eraser and select + clear

Users mailing list
I am trying to remove background by way of eraser. The eraser is not doing
anything however with select rectangle or lasso and press clear,  I can
delete the inside area?
How could this be?

Thank you  Alex

Eraser and select + clear

Luthien
>I am trying to remove background by way of eraser. The eraser is not
>doing
>anything however with select rectangle or lasso and press clear,  I
>can
>delete the inside area?
>How could this be?
>
>Thank you  Alex

Hello
>I am trying to remove background by way of eraser. The eraser is not
>doing
Is that happening with paintbrush also maybe
try this check on top menu > Select > none ,
then try the erase tool or paintbrush
reason could still have selection active from lasso etc that would prevent
eraser from working.
Hope that helps.

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)