Epson printer

Users mailing list
I am using GIMP 2.10.12. I am trying to print to an Epson XP – 7100
printer. I have tried changing everything I could in the GIMP program to
print a 4 x 6 image to 4 x 6 paper.

I get a 4 x 6 image but it’s printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. Any ideas on how to
correct this?

Thank you

Dick Burkhartzmeyer

Re: Epson printer

Liam R E Quin
On Thu, 2020-06-18 at 20:47 -0600, Dick Burkhartzmeyer via gimp-user-
list wrote:
> I am using GIMP 2.10.12.

On which Linux distribution? Can you try a newer version of GIMP?

> I get a 4 x 6 image but it’s printed on 8.5 x 11 paper. Any ideas on
> how to correct this?
You probably have to tell the software that you have 4x6 inch paper;
exactly how you do that may vary based on the exact printer software
you use (and whether you're actallly using Linux, or some other system
such as FreeBSD, OpenSolaris, or even OS X).

You may also need to take the 8.5x11 paper try out of the printer
before it will try other sized paper.

Finally, make sure the Ignore Page Margins options is checked in gimp's
print options (if it's there) so that giMP knows it can print right ot
the edge of the paper, and doesn't need to choose a larger paper size.

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org