Drawing and text not working

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing and text not working

Misslo777
I just installed the newest version of GIMP on my Windows 10 computer.  When I
draw with a brush, pencil, pen, etc, as I am dragging my mouse there is no
visual representation of the line I am making. Only when I release the button on
my mouse after reaching the end point of the line, the entire line appears all
at once.  Also, when I make a text box, at first the box does not appear. I will
drag the mouse to create a text box and nothing happens, but when I type some
text, suddenly the box appears. Also the box does not have the same appearance
as I have seen in online tutorials, where on each corner of the box there is a
square for you to drag and change the shape of the box. I am familiar with how
layers work and that certain operations are restricted on certain layers. I
don't believe that is the source of this problem. I have searched for solutions
online and not found any report of this kind of problem elsewhere. Please help.

--
Clearerwill (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing and text not working

Misslo777
>I just installed the newest version of GIMP on my Windows 10 computer.
>When I draw with a brush, pencil, pen, etc, as I am dragging my mouse
>there is no visual representation of the line I am making. Only when I
>release the button on my mouse after reaching the end point of the
>line, the entire line appears all at once.  

I remember your post from elsewhere. It is probably a unique issue with your
installation.

Have you tried a different compilation of Gimp 2.10.2 The one from Partha
www.partha.com was released yesterday. 64 bit only.

>Also, when I make a text
>box, at first the box does not appear. I will drag the mouse to create
>a text box and nothing happens, but when I type some text, suddenly
>the box appears. Also the box does not have the same appearance as I
>have seen in online tutorials, where on each corner of the box there
>is a square for you to drag and change the shape of the box.

The shape of the text box is a little different from earlier versions of Gimp.
By request the large 'handles' are now much smaller

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing and text not working

Misslo777
>I remember your post from elsewhere. It is probably a unique issue
>with your installation.
>
>Have you tried a different compilation of Gimp 2.10.2 The one from
>Partha www.partha.com was released yesterday. 64 bit only.
>The shape of the text box is a little different from earlier versions
>of Gimp. By request the large 'handles' are now much smaller
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net
I have the same: fresh install of Linux Mint 19.1 on Intel machine

--
Freerk55 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Drawing and text not working

Misslo777
>I have the same: fresh install of Linux Mint 19.1 on Intel machine

I wonder what the connection is?

Only thing I can think of at the moment is if you have a  4K monitor. These seem
to create display problems with Gimp.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    [hidden email]
List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list
List archives:   https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list