Dog-bone

Developers mailing list
I love the path effects, and there's a particularly useful path effect that
I use all the time:

Corners (Fillet/Chamfer)

I'd love for it to have one extra feature - a dog-bone effect.  This is
essential when laser cutting slots in acrylic, because acrylic doesn't like
sharp 90 degree corners.

Also for wood CNC, when you literally can't cut a 90 degree corner:

https://fablab.ruc.dk/content/images/2017/03/dogbones.jpg

I'm happy to code this myself, but I want to check:

1. Where is the code for this?  Are these in the main git repo?
2. Would a contribution for this feature be accepted? (Assuming sufficient
code quality of course)

Thank you,

John

Re: Dog-bone

Simon Budig
Hi John.

John Tapsell via gimp-developer-list ([hidden email]) wrote:
> I love the path effects, and there's a particularly useful path effect that
> I use all the time:
>
> Corners (Fillet/Chamfer)

Are you sure you're reaching out to the right mailing list? I am unaware
of having "path effects" in GIMP...

Possibly you wanted to reach out to the inkscape developers?

Bye,
        Simon

--
              [hidden email]              http://simon.budig.de/

Re: Dog-bone

Hello,

This is GIMP's devel list, not Inkscape's :)

Anyway,
https://gitlab.com/inkscape/inkscape/-/blob/master/src/live_effects/lpe-fillet-chamfer.cpp

Alex

ср, 19 авг. 2020 г., 11:04 John Tapsell via gimp-developer-list <
[hidden email]>:

> I love the path effects, and there's a particularly useful path effect that
> I use all the time:
>
> Corners (Fillet/Chamfer)
>
> I'd love for it to have one extra feature - a dog-bone effect.  This is
> essential when laser cutting slots in acrylic, because acrylic doesn't like
> sharp 90 degree corners.
>
> Also for wood CNC, when you literally can't cut a 90 degree corner:
>
> https://fablab.ruc.dk/content/images/2017/03/dogbones.jpg
>
> I'm happy to code this myself, but I want to check:
>
> 1. Where is the code for this?  Are these in the main git repo?
> 2. Would a contribution for this feature be accepted? (Assuming sufficient
> code quality of course)
>
> Thank you,
>
> John

Re: Dog-bone

...Wow, I'm way too tired.  Really sorry.