Dithering (again)

Users mailing list
I apologize for the repeat post, this is the first time posting here and I couldn’t figure out how to edit my post.  Someone mentioned I should add the before and after photo for reference so here it is.  Thanks all!

I am using a MacBook with GIMP v 2.10.14, my question is are there different dithering options for pc
versions? Or other options for newsprint not available in my version?  I am using GIMP to convert photos for
printing on wood with a laser.  I am new to gimp and photo editing so I have spent a lot of time on the web
and youtube trying to figure out how others are converting their photos.  I even had someone convert a photo
for me to help me understand what they should look like, and how I can possibly replicate it.  Unfortunately
I have not had any luck, the pattern I see on the photo converted for me is unlike any I am able to replicate
with dithering in my version of GIMP or my trial and error using newsprint.  Any help advice would be
appreciated.

Rick