Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

rich404
Hi

Is it possible to disable the image thumbnail from the image's title bar .
This takes up a lot of space

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1194/original/gimp_thumbnail_title.png

--
sudipto (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

rich404
>Hi
>
>Is it possible to disable the image thumbnail from the image's title
>bar .
>This takes up a lot of space

Gimp menu: Windows   -> Show  Tabs Toggles image tabs on/off  You could also set
up a keyboard shortcut for that as well. Default is disabled.

Same menu, an option to have visible tabs left - right - top - bottom

Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

rich404
>Gimp menu: Windows   -> Show  Tabs Toggles image tabs on/off  You
>could also set up a keyboard shortcut for that as well. Default is
>disabled.
>
>Same menu, an option to have visible tabs left - right - top - bottom

Thanks for the help, but with this setting the tab itself vanishes.
I want to have only the file name visible in the title instead of the image, it
will save tons of vertical space

--
sudipto (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

rich404
>Thanks for the help, but with this setting the tab itself vanishes.
>I want to have only the file name visible in the title instead of the
>image, it will save tons of vertical space

No way that I know of. You will have to go and request as a feature here:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/

Otherwise, you can see and switch to  what is there in the Windows menu. Also
the alt-number swaps between open images as wll.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1195/original/list.jpg

Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

rich404
>No way that I know of. You will have to go and request as a feature
>here:
>
>https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/
>
>Otherwise, you can see and switch to  what is there in the Windows
>menu. Also the alt-number swaps between open images as wll.

Thanks, I will request the feature in the gimp gitlab

--
sudipto (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

Re: Disable image thunbnail from the title bar

Elle Stone
On 06/20/2019 12:02 PM, sudipto wrote:

>> No way that I know of. You will have to go and request as a feature
>> here:
>>
>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/
>>
>> Otherwise, you can see and switch to  what is there in the Windows
>> menu. Also the alt-number swaps between open images as wll.
>
> Thanks, I will request the feature in the gimp gitlab

There is a fairly long discussion on the gimp-gui mailing list
(https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-gui-list) of just this
request. The thread is here - second topic down - see #6 in the
reference image:

thread:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-gui-list/2017-December/thread.html

reference image: